Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Course:
November 13-17, 2017
National Center for Aviation Training (NCAT)
4004 N. Webb Road
Wichita, KS 67226
Advanced Concepts Course:
January 15-18, 2018
117 S Louise St
Glendale, CA 91205
- Concepts of fatigue, fracture mechanics and damage tolerance in aerospace structure.
- Analytical and numerical methods of fatigue and damage tolerance analysis.
- Tools to apply and solve fatigue and damage tolerance problems.
Who should attend?
- Aircraft Certification engineers
- Design Approval Representatives
- Airline Engineers
- DAH Engineers, TC and STC holders
- Anyone who performs damage tolerance analysis
- History and evolution of civil and military fatigue requirements
- Introduction to fatigue mechanism
- Design considerations
- Fatigue properties
- Fatigue strength
- Stress intensity factors
- Fracture mechanics
- Fatigue loads and spectra
- Fatigue damage accumulation
- Introduction to non-destructive inspection
- Fatigue and failure of joints and structure
- Damage tolerance of repairs and alteration
- Widespread Fatigue Damage and Limit of Validity
- Featuring case studies and examination of lessons learned from accidents.